BIN 4 BURGER LOUNGE

IMG_0677

The roommates and I headed to Bin 4 two Friday's ago to get a taste of their Dine Around menu. Dine Around & Stay in Victoria is an event that's been running for the last month that pretty much allows you to be a tourist in your own town. A bunch of hotels and restaurants offered discounted prices on rooms and three course meals. Bin 4 was offering a $20 menu including an appetizer, entree, and dessert. It was craaaaazy busy when we went. I even called an hour ahead and had our names added to the wait list, but we still waited 20 minutes when we got there. I ended up completely forgetting to snap any photos of the food, because I was seriously so hungry that I dug it without restraints. 

As per usual, we were started off with a small bowl of their house made potato chips. Those things are to die for, and are a super replacement for any kind of silly bread bowl. The seasoning on those bad boys is pretty delicious. Jenna and I both started our meal with the almond and blue cheese salad.

Almond Praline & Blue Cheese Salad 


fresh artisan greens, Ermite blue cheese, almond praline, sliced apple, honey balsamic vinaigrette

I'd had it as a side the first time that I came to Bin 4 and it was the obvious choice to get again. The sweetness of the candied almonds paired with the saltiness of the blue cheese is faaaaabulous. Carlee opted for the pork and chorizo lettuce wraps to start. I'd already been to Bin 4 twice since they opened and had tasted both of their veggie burgers. They offer both a tofu and a bean burger. I was more partial to the tofu burger, but the bean burger was offered on the Dine Around menu so I went with that.

Mr. Bean 
Chick pea, black bean, cumin, fresh cilantro, goat cheese, curry aioli, butter lettuce, tomato, red onion

The goat cheese was my favorite part. The entrees still came with a side of either fries, onion rings or a salad. Since we'd already had salad to start, we each got a side of either fries or onion rings along with three dips (truffle aioli, chipotle aioli, and jalapeno aioli). It made for a LOT of food and we barely touched the sides at all except to sample the dips. For dessert Jenna and I both got the Butterscotch Creme Brulee while Carlee went for the Lemon Tart. Omigod omigod. I have an undying love for creme brulee, so I was pretty much in heaven with this one. I took forever to eat it, because I was trying reaaaally hard to savour every bite. 

Bin 4 is always a pleasure to eat at. It's usually pretty busy, and for good reason. Despite the long wait, once you're seated the servers are always attentive and very helpful at pairing wines and helping to narrow down the best menu items. Chances are that I most likely won't make it back during the next month (my last living here), but I'll definitely make a point of coming back when I visit!
Bin 4 Burger Lounge on Urbanspoon

4 comments:

  1. it´s great to see your ideas put together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So I use oatmeal 1/2 cup mixture of different cereals and bran. Pour it in soy milk overnight. In the morning I cook, I add a banana. 20g chocolate custard powder (Polish dessert without sugar, which is composed only of cocoa, and starch, so you can easily replace just them) are dissolved in a little water. Add to the boiling porridge and mix.
    I served with extra milk and almonds :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh gosh, that salad sounds absolutely heavenly!!!
    xo TJ

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pork and chorizo lettuce wrap, yum. That sounds so good!

    ReplyDelete

« »

aussi belle All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger